Youth who participate in Run The Streets are provided everything they need in order to cross the finish line of a half-marathon at no cost to the youth or their families.
The program must raise $375 for each youth to complete the program.
Your Donation at Work
|Water/ Snacks/ Breakfast||$30.00|
- RTS youth have logged 75,000 collective miles since our start in 2009.
- A total of 443 youth have completed a season of RTS.
- Over 20 youth have logged 500 miles of running.
- Two 16-year-olds have gone on to complete full marathons or 26.2 mile races.
- Recidivism rates for OJA youth who complete RTS are about half of that of youth on traditional probation.
- Positive drug tests for OJA youth are five percent compared to 33 percent for youth on traditional probation.
Season 10 (January-April 2014):
- Youth finishers – 69 / Mentor finishers – 37
- 84% of youth completed the season—highest completion percentage to date.
- Each youth spent an average of 5-8 hours per week with a positive adult mentor.
- Approximately 64% of the youth who signed up for Season 10 were returning finishers.
- 54 of the youth who finished the season have already signed up for Season 11.
- RTS participated in local races benefitting Mary Martha Outreach, March of Dimes, Nowata Rotary Scholarship Fund, Paths to Independence and K-Life returning thousands of dollars to those charities through the payment of race fees.